Saturday, October 18, 2008

So you're an Internet Director now! Now what?!



For my first post in this blog, I would like to lay out the parameters for what this blog is initially intended to do:

1. Instruct
2. Encourage.
3. Share ideas
4. Develop relationships/network
5. Develop new ideas/concepts
6. Discuss emerging technologies

I wish I had found a website somewhere when I first started that would succinctly tell me what I needed to know first BEFORE I got into it. What types of things to look for. What do I need to worry about, measure and report? How do I know what is right. What REALLY gets results? What do I tackle first?

It is my intent to share some of the hard knocks I learned during my learning process, chronicle the establishment of a multi-point directorship, and share them with my readers so they can more quickly impact their stores and enjoy quick results. In no way do I think I have ALL the answers, just most of them.

All kidding aside, I welcome comments, suggestions, ideas and questions from everyone as long as they are professional, and not inflammatory.

The first few posts will regard getting started, setting up, and going from here to there. We will then move onto popular topics like handling objections, developing pay plans, ensuring CSI, driving parts and service business. We will discus current and emerging technologies and how we may or may not adopt for an edge in business.

I look forward to what the coming year and (hopefully) better economy holds for the automotive industry. Lets grow together.

No comments: